[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Aug 8 16:11:47 UTC 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 7:59 AM, Brett Kosinski wrote:
> Meanwhile, I'd just as soon never have a CC with a $15K limit.  Who
> wants a 15K loan at ~18% (or more) interest?

This is getting OT, but I'll tell you why you might want a card with
a $15K limit: Your credit score.

A big part of your credit score is the ratio between your available
credit and the amount of credit you're using.  The theory is if you
max out your cards, that shows irresponsibility; but if you use only
a small portion of the credit available to you, that shows you're a
responsible borrower.

I once had a Firestone credit card with a $500 limit.  I had some
front end work done on my car and paid with the card, running up
about $450 in charges.  This seemed like  a great deal because it was
zero interest for six months; but it really dinged my credit score
for a while, because I'd maxed out that card.