[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Aug 8 10:57:02 UTC 2007

> actions.  You made it pretty clear indicating that broken Dish Network
> EIT was intentional on Greg's part when he found illegal use.  You

 Oh for christs sake.  There is no Anti-EIT conspiracy here. There is no
intentional breakage of any EIT source despite the theories of some
guys on some webforum might think. I had a need for the data, spent the
time to figure it out and wrote some code to support dishnets
implementation of it. Others have been maintaining all things EIT
in myth since then and have done an amazing amount of work on the subject.
To my knowledge though, none of them are in the US nor getting signal
from Dishnet so are not in a possible to really know if something has recently
broken relating to dishnet.  The uncle I wrote the code for has moved
and now gets all of his stuff via cable and ATSC so I can't even
use that machine to test it.

 A quick look at the ticket system doesn't show any tickets reporting
this apparent breakage nor any patches that people are using to fix the
problem. If someone wants this fixed they are going to have to report the
problem (in the ticket system) and preferrably send along a patch since
I believe none of the devs has a setup to diagnose and fix it themselves.