[mythtv-users] Installing my pchdtv-5500 working..

Matthew Dansereau matthew at dansereau.com
Sat Apr 28 04:36:41 UTC 2007

Geoff,

Thanks for the info.

Jarod provided me with info "off-list": to a YUM update for my current
MythTV build.
It worked great.

But on a side-note I am interested in the info you gave.

I believe that SVN is like installing from source (./make ./build ./install)
-- am I right?

If I am mixing apples and oranges here, the rest of the questions may not
make sence (I apologize in advance).

I have not had much luck with SVN (let me guess it needs to be installed
'yum install svn'?).
Is it a matter of prefference or is there actually any advantages to either?
I assume if I was able to build with scripts from source CORRECTLY the
system may be more stable or faster.

I prefer to RPM / YUM (just seems to work).
Am I right in saying RPM & SVN don't mix well?

I did follow the link though.
Was the idea to "patch" my existing install (pending a YUM update?) or was I
supposed to build from scratch.

Thanks again.
-Matt