[mythtv-users] Installing my pchdtv-5500 working..

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Apr 27 20:39:14 UTC 2007

Matthew Dansereau wrote:
> Jarod,
> I am using Comcast near Boston, MA
> I am also having issues with channel scans too.
>

>> Absolutely nothing. There's a bit of an issue with digital channel
>> scanning with the latest mythtv packages from atrpms. For some
>> reason, the v4l/dvb kernel headers they're built against broke
>> scanning. I've let Axel know about it. Rebuilding the packages
>> against older headers results in functional scanning. I plan to try
>> to track down an actual fix for building against more recent headers
>> (svn trunk has no problems) when I have time... For now, if you're
>> running i386, ping me offlist and I'll let you at a working build
>> I've got.

Daniel C has been working on a number of inter-related trac tickets
which all relate to problems with scanning for digital channels.

He has an SVN branch which can be called with:

svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/mythtv-channel-scan

use the usual ....svn/trunk/mythplugins and myththemes

I am using 13313 and it appears to scan properly without needing the
'quicktune' hack and with 'Unencrypted Only' set, using my HDHomeRun unit

Try that.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury