[mythtv-users] Please point me to mythstream instructions

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Thu Apr 26 17:51:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, April 25, 2007 6:13 pm, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> mythstream is my next challenge. It's probably easy, but I couldn't find
>> anything on the wiki except a pointer to a home page.
>>
>> Before I invest too much time, if there is a URL that tells all, I'd be
>> grateful. Just a URL is fine. I can read ;-)
>
> You can install it from RPM from Axel Thimm's repo. Then it's a matter
> of editing your streams.res file which from memory lives in
> $HOME/.mythtv/mythstream. If you search the list archives for
> streams.res you will see some examples. Streams.res is basically the
> file which controls what streams you have access to. Mythstream comes
> with one already set up and some of them in there may or may not work
> already.
>
> HTH,
> Phill

Thank you, that should help a great deal.

FWIW, I'm in MythDors 3.2 (to leverage all my Red Hat experience) and
locate tells me mythstream is already installed. It's kinda like someone
gives you a beautiful sports car and you not only don't know how to drive,
you've never been a passenger when someone else was driving.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer