[mythtv-users] Please point me to mythstream instructions

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Apr 26 19:56:06 UTC 2007

> On Wed, April 25, 2007 6:13 pm, Phill Edwards wrote:
>>> mythstream is my next challenge. It's probably easy, but I couldn't
>>> find
>>> anything on the wiki except a pointer to a home page.
>>>
>>> Before I invest too much time, if there is a URL that tells all, I'd be
>>> grateful. Just a URL is fine. I can read ;-)
>>
>> You can install it from RPM from Axel Thimm's repo. Then it's a matter
>> of editing your streams.res file which from memory lives in
>> $HOME/.mythtv/mythstream. If you search the list archives for
>> streams.res you will see some examples. Streams.res is basically the
>> file which controls what streams you have access to. Mythstream comes
>> with one already set up and some of them in there may or may not work
>> already.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Phill
>
> Thank you, that should help a great deal.
>
> FWIW, I'm in MythDors 3.2 (to leverage all my Red Hat experience) and
> locate tells me mythstream is already installed. It's kinda like someone
> gives you a beautiful sports car and you not only don't know how to drive,
> you've never been a passenger when someone else was driving.
>
> --
> Lan Barnes

You may have to patch the menu xml files as per the INSTALL instructions
for MythStream as its not an 'official' plugin - when you do that it will
appear in the Music submenu.

If you have it already packaged, I'm not sure how you find out what
version you have. The latest - 0.17_2 - has lots of extra features like
creating your own station lists with interactive menus (the shoutcast and
bbc selections are good examples).

--
Robin Gilks