[mythtv-users] Myth frontend exits unexpectedly when playing recording

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Apr 26 17:02:54 UTC 2007

On 22/04/07, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org
am running mythtv version 0.20.20060828-3 and one of my front ends />/
just exits unexpectedly when watching recordings. This is a remote />/
front end running on a AMD 3000+ processor motherboard running fedora
/>/ core 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6. It does not exit to the desktop it just acts
as />/ if the recording has reached the end and exits the recording and
asks if />/ I want to delete the recording or save it to watch later.
The remote />/ front end is connected via the 100 mb lan port. I have
looked at any of />/ the logs I know about and do not see anything that
would explain the />/ behavior. /Have you run the remote frontend with
verbose playback logging enabled? Does the remote frontend exit
immediately when playing back a recording, or does it play some of the
file before displaying the menu? Do your other frontends play the
recordings normally? Nick

I only have one remote front end so I do not know if this would happen
on all remote front ends or not.
I have not run the remote front end with verbose playback logging
enabled so I guess I will figure out how to do that.
The front end does not exit immediately.  In fact it is usually
somewhere in the middle or at the end of the recording.  I can go back
into the recording and fast forward to just before the point the
recording exited and it will usually play just fine through the rest of
the recording.