[mythtv-users] Crop in Transcode?

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:04:53 UTC 2007

I'm guessing the answer is no, but...

Is there anyway to do a crop in transcode?

Some shows I watch are always letterboxed on SD signal. Law & Order on
USA, Rescue Me on F/X, A Haunting on Discovery Channel.  It would be
nice to just throw out the upper and lower black sections in a
transcode.

Some shows I watch are HD broadcasts of SD shows My local KMSB plays
old Simpsons and Frasier SD shows as full HD broadcast with black bars
on the left and right.  It would be nice to just throw out the left
and right black sections in a transcode.

This would probably save me a lot of disk space, and probably lighten
up the load on the system during playback of non-HD recordings of OTA
HD broadcast.