[mythtv-users] Can't Do HD ATSC Playback

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:12:48 UTC 2007

Kevin, I might be misinterpreting what you said, but have you tried
setting myth to use the various XvMC options in your playback
settings?  The standard playback setting will have to do all the heavy
lifting of decoding the MPEG2 files instead of offloading it to the
graphics card.

Robert, the processor on yours is *far* too low-end to play back a
full HD-sized video without some sort of hardware assistance like
XvMC.  Unfortunately the KM400 does not support XvMC for any HD-sized
MPEG2 videos.  If you don't want to get a new motherboard+processor,
then you may have good luck with a 5xxx series Nvidia card, which are
pretty much the low end of the video card market now.  I had a
KM400-based motherboard myself with only a 1.6 ghz Duron processor,
but with the assistance of a fanless 5200 FX video card (DVI, VGA and
s-video), and some tweaking I ended up with a manageable system.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC