[mythtv-users] Adding new sata drive. What should I move to it?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 25 15:25:09 UTC 2007

 Since adding recording inputs (hdhomerun) I am now running into hard
drive issues. When I set the system up I only had a pair of eide drives
so they were set up hda holding the boot, swap and os partition as well
as a LVM partition. hdb was all LVM. I am now running into problems with
the mysql database accesses are making the video break up on hd when
carrying a full load of recordings. Not a cpu issue, I have ~ 20% free cpu.

With that background info, which would be better for performance? Just
moving the mysql database or moving the entire OS to the new drive? Any
other options I should think about?

TIA,
Bill