[mythtv-users] Linuxfest Northwest + MythTV Meetup (this weekend!)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Apr 25 07:46:21 UTC 2007

This is just a reminder about Linuxfest Northwest this weekend, with
some updated info from my previous posting.

Linuxfest Northwest is this weekend (April 28-29)!  Rob Smith (aka
kormoc) and I will be there as the official MythTV representation (with
a demo booth and everything), and would love to meet other users who
feel like dropping by.

You can find more info about the fest at:

    http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/

There are two parties to choose from on Saturday night after the fest,
too.  Google will reportedly be giving out tickets to the local brew
festival, and there is an official party for the fest, hosted by BLUG,
Linden Lab, Silicon Mechanics and others.

Many companies (including the aforementioned) are also using this event
to recruit, so if you're looking for a change of work environment, there
might be some opportunities available for you.

---

If you're in the Seattle area and can get accommodations in Bellingham
for the fest (there are hotel links/deals listed on the LFNW website),
Silicon Mechanics is offering free bus transportation both
ways, along with some sort of courtesy shuttle service to various hotels
in the area.  You can find more information by following the Linuxfest
link on their homepage:

    http://www.siliconmechanics.com/

People who ride the Silicon Mechanics bus will also be given VIP tickets
to the official LFNW party on Saturday night.  I have no idea what that
means other than that you'll get to hang out with me and enjoy some free
food/drinks.  :)

---

Pogo Linux is also running bus service to the fest for day trippers on
both Saturday and Sunday.

You can find more information about the various parties and busses on
the LFNW home page.

---

Hope to see you there.

-Chris

* Disclaimer, both Rob and I work for Silicon Mechanics, which is also
an official sponsor of MythTV.