[mythtv-users] Slave backend with shared NFS storage thinks it has its own disk.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 25 03:09:16 UTC 2007

* On Tue Apr 24, 2007 at 07:42:57PM +0100, Tim Phipps wrote:
> 	My setup is 0.20 from debian-multimedia.org/stable and I recently moved to a
> raid setup for the recorded TV directory. Before the move Myth recorded to a
> single disk mounted as ext3 on /myth on the master backend. On the slave
> backend nfs:/myth was mounted as /myth also. On the "System Status" screen of
> the frontend the "Machine Status" entry would figure out that the disk was
> shared and print out "Disc usage on master,slave1:" together with the stats.

Can you run a "df -k" on both servers and see if the block counts match up
on each?  There was a bug in 0.20 and prior which would show up when the
block sizes didn't match on the local and remote mount.  This caused Myth to
think they were different filesystems.  I fixed this in trunk after I added
the Storage Groups code, but evidently I never put the fix into the -fixes
branch.  I don't know if this fix will be in 0.20.1 though because I think
Jarod has already created the tag for this release.

Until then, I think the only solution is to mount the filesystem remotely
with a different block size.

--
Chris