[mythtv-users] Slave backend with shared NFS storage thinks it has its own disk.

Tim Phipps mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 18:13:15 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 4:09 am, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Can you run a "df -k" on both servers and see if the block counts match up
> on each?
> Until then, I think the only solution is to mount the filesystem remotely
> with a different block size.

I get this (the master backend is hal, the slave is ernie):

root at hal:~# df -k /home
/dev/mapper/vg1-lv1  459100320 360828500  93607624  80% /home

root at ernie:~# df -k /home
nfs:/home            459100320 360828480  93607648  80% /home

This is with the system idle so those numbers are stable. The total size is
the same but, strangely, the used/free numbers are out. They're consistently
out by 20k/24k. Could this be due to different block sizes? If so how do I
set the blocksize on an NFS mount?

Would this also explain why I'm seeing occasional playback pauses? The
frontend is on the slave and most of the recordings are made on the master.
Mplayer on the frontend has no problems with playback over NFS, so I'm just
speculating that the frontend may be using the Myth protocol to play
recordings rather than NFS.

Cheers,
Tim.