[mythtv-users] Slave backend with shared NFS storage thinks it has its own disk.

Tim Phipps mythtv-users at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 18:42:57 UTC 2007

Hi All,
	My setup is 0.20 from debian-multimedia.org/stable and I recently moved to a
raid setup for the recorded TV directory. Before the move Myth recorded to a
single disk mounted as ext3 on /myth on the master backend. On the slave
backend nfs:/myth was mounted as /myth also. On the "System Status" screen of
the frontend the "Machine Status" entry would figure out that the disk was
shared and print out "Disc usage on master,slave1:" together with the stats.

I've now moved the recording directory to /home/mythtv/TV which is on an
LVM-over-RAID ext3 filesystem mounted on /home on the master backend. The
slave backend has nfs:/home mounted at /home so the recording directory is
shared as before but the frontend status screen lists the disc usage for each
backend separately. The two entries have the same space stats (well, they do
now I've exported /home with no_root_squash), but they have different
recording rates.

Is there a way to get the backends to realize they have a shared directory?

Cheers,
Tim.