[mythtv-users] Temporarily disabling a capture card or card input

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:42:16 UTC 2007

On 19/04/07, Paul Webber <paulmaillist at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I setup capture cards, and then temporarily remove one, but leave it in
> the mythconverg database, myth won't run because it crashes trying to use
> the card that's been removed.
>
> I could delete the card from myth setup, but then I'd have to add it all
> over again.  So I've been trying to find a way to just temporarily mark a
> card is disabled, or blocked, or 'don't use', so Myth will ignore it, but
> still function with the rest of my cards.  But I can't find any disable flag
> or anything like that either in the capture card or card input table.

Stop the backend, go into mythtv-setup and set the Input Connection to
None for the card input you want to disable and the related video
source, and then restart the backend.

Capture card, card input and video source configuration are left
unchanged in the database, but the end result is that MythTV is unable
to use that particular card input. When you want to re-enable the card
input, go back into mythtv-setup and reconnect the Input Connection.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/