[mythtv-users] Temporarily disabling a capture card or card input

Paul Webber paulmaillist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:24:47 UTC 2007

If I setup capture cards, and then temporarily remove one, but leave it in
the mythconverg database, myth won't run because it crashes trying to use
the card that's been removed.

I could delete the card from myth setup, but then I'd have to add it all
over again.  So I've been trying to find a way to just temporarily mark a
card is disabled, or blocked, or 'don't use', so Myth will ignore it, but
still function with the rest of my cards.  But I can't find any disable flag
or anything like that either in the capture card or card input table.

Also, I don't see where I can tell Myth which card to start using by default
when I start watching TV.  It seems to always try to go to the last used
card, even if that card isn't there anymore.  Any ideas?