[mythtv-users] Channel listings/XMLTV problem

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Tue Apr 17 20:07:38 UTC 2007

Hello all,

A few days ago, I transferred my database and recordings to new
hardware with a different hostname.  Now am trying to set up the
channel listings.  I'm using dual Nova-T DVB cards recording UK
Freeview.  I am having problems, so I have backed up the database,
flushed it, and started again from scratch.  I've gone through the
steps through mythtv-setup - adding both DVB cards, assigning an UK
XML grabber for both cards, disabling EIT downloads, adding in a list
of channels I want XMLTV to grab, and scanning for channels, and
"binding" the two.  Then I finish mythtv-setup.  I now then check
mythweb, and I see a list of channels all correct, right numbers, etc
etc, but all with "No data" as expected.  I then run
mythfilldatabase, which downloads all the XML stuff and populates the
guide.  I then refresh mythweb and see there's now new channels added
on that's populated, and the original channels is empty of data.  I
can watch the original channels, but not the new channels created by
mythfilldatabase, which raises an error.  So if I schedule a
recording, the backend tries to record the channel created by
mythfilldatabase, but of course, it fails as the channel isn't bound
to the DVB card.

I tried to combine the two but for the life of me, I can't see how to
do this.  I'm sure I've missed an extremely essential step, but what?

As a temporary solution, I've set up a EIT only grabber for the DVB
cards, ignoring XMLTV - it works, although old schedules I've made
doesn't work any more - works fine with the XMLTV channels, but not
the DVB scanned channels.  If I enable both, then all channels gets
populated, but the backend always ignore the DVB channels and chooses
the XMLTV channels which doesn't work.

The listings on Mythweb after setting up mythtv comes up like:

BBC 1 <listings>
1

BBC 2 <listings>
2

ITV <listings>
3

and so on.

But after mythfilldatabase, I get something like:

BBC1 <listings>
BBC1

BBC2  <listings>
BBC2

ITV <listings>
ITV

BBC 1 <listings>
1

BBC 2 <listings>
2

ITV <listings>
3

and so on.

What am I doing wrong here, and how do I fix the problem?

Thanks very much for your time!

Regards - Piers