[mythtv-users] --noautoexpire, --nosched, --nohousekeeper OK for slave backend?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Apr 17 16:01:54 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> says:
> > Slave backends already do this internally, they don't run the
> > Scheduler, Housekeeper, or AutoExpire code.
>
> That being said, though, Chris, is it not correct to say the following?
>
> However, you don't want to run your slave backends with those
> arguments because there are some functions performed, for example by
> the housekeeper, on startup.  So, please let Myth take care of
> disabling those unnecessary functions for you.

It's still not clear to me which versions you're talking about. I
should have specified I'm using 0.20-fixes in my original message,
though. So, in 0.20-fixes, for a slave backend, I should or should not
use --noautoexpire and --nosched? I do gather from the above that I
should not use --nohousekeeper (or is that, again, only for SVN)?