[mythtv-users] --noautoexpire, --nosched, --nohousekeeper OK for slave backend?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 17 14:57:00 UTC 2007

On 04/17/2007 07:21 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Mon Apr 16, 2007 at 10:52:52AM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>
>> Is there any reason to not run a slave mythbackend with
>> --noautoexpire, --nosched, and/or --nohousekeeper, on the assumption
>> that the primary backend will take care of these functions?
>>
> Slave backends already do this internally, they don't run the
> Scheduler, Housekeeper, or AutoExpire code.

That being said, though, Chris, is it not correct to say the following?

However, you don't want to run your slave backends with those arguments
because there are some functions performed, for example by the
housekeeper, on startup.  So, please let Myth take care of disabling
those unnecessary functions for you.

(Just looking for a "now that we know the details, what does this mean
to the user" translation. ;)

Mike