[mythtv-users] PiP gets confused

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 17 01:30:07 UTC 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 7:23 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> I was watching 2 hockey games tonight, exercising PiP and noticed
> that it gets
> confused the longer it runs or the more I swap channels.
>
> I have a PVR-550 on 0.20 on FC5.
>
> After a few switches, switching took longer and longer, with 100%
> CPU use
> in-between. I noticed in my MythWeb Recorded Programs (Live TV)
> that there
> were multiple recordings in progress. Eventually, switching back to
> a channel
> started handing me back to an earlier place in time: an earlier
> period of the
> game I was switching to. This is reproducible - it just happened
> again after
> only a couple switches when I went back into LiveTV.

As I suspected, from the return addy:

Only a Canadian would watch two hockey games at once :-)

Are you simply swapping between the two channels, the main one and
the PiP one?, not changing channels or anything else?

I just tried about 50 back and forth switches on my system with no
problems.

So obviously *something* is different between our systems, we might
as well start with the version. This is an older 0.19 system using
PVR-150s, so if it's a bona-fide "bug" it could have come in anytime
in the last year if you're running a current system.

Can you get a terminal, perhaps via SSH, and try and see what process
(es) is(are) taking up all the CPU? Have to start someplace.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org