[mythtv-users] Low Power MythTV Server on Via EPIA M6000 - 37 watts

Argus Array argusarray at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 00:08:23 UTC 2007

Very interesting analysis and I hope it motivates more people to build
energy-efficient systems.

It looks like in your calculations you assume 10 cents/KWH.  The amount of
$$ savings can be be significantly higher in certain parts of the country.
For example here in Massachusetts we pay 18 cents per KWH, so the total
savings over 3-4 year lifetime ($80/year * 4 years) would offset some of the
costs of a new system.

I notice that you mention that you have not tried HD.  Does anyone have
experience building energy-efficient frontends that can support MPEG2
HD-playback?

-Argus

Basically it'll save about $40/year in power.  It's certainly not for