[mythtv-users] Low Power MythTV Server on Via EPIA M6000 - 37 watts

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:20:44 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Peter A. Daly <petedaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've put together a Myth server on an EPIA ME6000 and wrote and article
> about it.

<snip>

> I had guessed previously that I was going to be around 35 watts...I guess
> I'm close with 37, but I was hoping for less.  My previous system took 80
> watts.

Wow, that's pretty good!

For comparison, my Sempron 3000 frontend/backend combo uses ~74w at
idle (CnQ on). It has a FX5200 video card (~14w), 2 PVR250s (~10w ea)
and a 320GB disc drive. If I were to do anything different, I'd be
sure to get a mobo with a Nvidia video card onboard and use either
PVR150s or a PVR500 which should draw less power than the PVR250s.

I would love to get the system down to 40w at idle as well as getting
nvram-wakeup working, but my mobo isn't supported and I couldn't get
it working.

-Dave