[mythtv-users] Low Power MythTV Server on Via EPIA M6000 - 37 watts

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 19:55:33 UTC 2007

I've put together a Myth server on an EPIA ME6000 and wrote and article
about it.

Previously I had used this platform as a MiniMyth Frontend, and I know a
bunch of people on this list have similar hardware and have been following
my projects.

http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/hardware/low-power-mythtv-server.html

Basically it'll save about $40/year in power.  It's certainly not for
everybody, but it's something some people on this list may be interested in.

I had guessed previously that I was going to be around 35 watts...I guess
I'm close with 37, but I was hoping for less.  My previous system took 80
watts.

I welcome any feedback, comments, corrections, or additions.

-Pete