[mythtv-users] some channels are jerky or bad display/audio

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:49:04 UTC 2007

> I've been having a weird issue lately. It seems that some channels
> (mainly for me, channel 9, 13 and a couple other ones) always appear
> jerky. Like, big artifacts, the video stops for 3 seconds or so, then
> starts again, and the audio is horribly out of sync etc. All the other
> channels are fine, it's just these ones that seem to be messed up.

I have jerky audio/video on some channels also, it appears to only
affect channels with more than one audio track (try pressing M and see
if you have an audio select option on the channels affected).

If I turn off XvMC and use the standard setting the channels appear to
play okay however but XvMC is much better quality wise.

I had no replies to my previous plea's for help on my last message
with more details.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/260880.

I have no idea on what to try or even what log files to look at to see
if I can find what the problem is.