[mythtv-users] some channels are jerky or bad display/audio

Matt Gibson diwelf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:19:28 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I've been having a weird issue lately. It seems that some channels
(mainly for me, channel 9, 13 and a couple other ones) always appear
jerky. Like, big artifacts, the video stops for 3 seconds or so, then
starts again, and the audio is horribly out of sync etc. All the other
channels are fine, it's just these ones that seem to be messed up.

What could be causing this? I've tried flushing the channels database
to see if maybe they thought they were the wrong frequency or
something, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Running on latest SVN as of last night (but it's been happening for
like 4 weeks with earlier svn's). Gentoo latest, and Nvideo Video,
onboard sound.

Thanks,
MG