[mythtv-users] some channels are jerky or bad display/audio

Matt Gibson diwelf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:17:30 UTC 2007

On 13/04/07, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been having a weird issue lately. It seems that some channels
> > (mainly for me, channel 9, 13 and a couple other ones) always appear
> > jerky. Like, big artifacts, the video stops for 3 seconds or so, then
> > starts again, and the audio is horribly out of sync etc. All the other
> > channels are fine, it's just these ones that seem to be messed up.
>
> I have jerky audio/video on some channels also, it appears to only
> affect channels with more than one audio track (try pressing M and see
> if you have an audio select option on the channels affected).
>
> If I turn off XvMC and use the standard setting the channels appear to
> play okay however but XvMC is much better quality wise.
>
> I had no replies to my previous plea's for help on my last message
> with more details.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/260880.
>
> I have no idea on what to try or even what log files to look at to see
> if I can find what the problem is.

Interesting.

So maybe it's Nvidia driver related or something?

I'll do a bit more debugging this weekend and see what else I can
find. Like you, even with verbose logs on I see nothing to tell me why
it's happening. Quite annoying though :)

Try enableing --v all to see all the logs which might help you
troubleshoot. I'd think it'd be in mythfrontend.log, but possibly the
backend.

Thanks,
MG