[mythtv-users] Can a frontend have adifferent mythvideodirectory?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Apr 13 05:43:14 UTC 2007

On 13-Apr-07, at 12:51 AM, Anduin Withers wrote:

>> Different question but same area - I'd like to have the ability to
>> have a per-frontend prefix for the video path. Reason for this is
>
> So the same set of files, just at a different mount point?

Yes.

> at such a patch (especially if I were convinced that maintaining
> the same
> path across machines was more burdensome that whatever the patch
> involved).
>
> The scanner doesn't do any symlink checking so I've always found
> keeping the
> same path easy enough.

I maintain a number of myth boxes for people and use automounting on
my laptop to get each system's recordings mapped locally to avoid
streaming. I can't do this with videos since it's a fixed path.
Perhaps there's some tricky way to do it but prefixes work well with
recordings and it would be nice to have a symmetric solution for videos.

Shouldn't be a very big patch, I'll give it a go and open a ticket.

- George