[mythtv-users] Can a frontend have adifferent mythvideodirectory?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Apr 13 04:51:26 UTC 2007

> Different question but same area - I'd like to have the ability to
> have a per-frontend prefix for the video path. Reason for this is
> it's not practical for me to have the video tree mounted in the same
> place on all my frontends so I'd like the option of redirecting the
> video root to some convenient place for those boxes.

So the same set of files, just at a different mount point?

> There seems to be a general distaste for adding more config options
> so would such a patch be likely to make it in?

Yes, the configuration screens are complicated enough; I'm hesitant to add
new options. That doesn't mean they are prohibited. I would certainly look
at such a patch (especially if I were convinced that maintaining the same
path across machines was more burdensome that whatever the patch involved).

The scanner doesn't do any symlink checking so I've always found keeping the
same path easy enough.

--
Anduin Withers