[mythtv-users] pci -e 1x video cards?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:54:23 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> I need to replace a failed video card...
>
> As I have a shortage of slots, I'd like to use a pcie x1 card (not x16)
> card....
>
> The only nvidia based one I've found is this one:
>
> http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1045/index.html
>
> Anyone have any experience with this, or any other, x1 video card?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Yan

Actually you could take any PCI-E x16 and convert it into a PCI-E x1 card
with out much trouble.  Just physically cut off the pins for PCI-E channel
2-16, leaving only the pins for PCI-E channel 1 should work.

I assume you motherboard does have a PCI-E x16 slot.  Are you using it for
something else?