[mythtv-users] Tiny wireless keyboard for Myth use?

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Wed Apr 11 17:47:55 UTC 2007

I believe this may be the model I just reported having trouble with
(memory falters and my pesky employment gets in the way of being near my
Myth box as much as I want).

If it is the same system I struck out on, I may post back on this thread
and ask Brian if there was any secret sauce or special incantation that
worked for him.

On Wed, April 11, 2007 10:35 am, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Mike Dent wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> can anybody recommend a very small wireless keyboard which is suitable
>> for use controlling Myth?  Do you use a keyboard and how do you find
>> it in comparison to a IR controller?
>> Thanks
>>

> Not sure what you mean by "tiny".
>
> I use a Gyration GC15CK. It sits on the table next to my recliner. I
> also have a fully-working Hauppauge remote.
>
> I find myself using the KB most of the time. I'm just more used to a
> KB as I know where all the keys are and don't have to go looking for
> them.
>
> But any I/O peripheral is purely a matter of personal preference.
> There is no "right" answer other than what you are most comfortable
> with. Unfortunately the only way to really find that out is to try
> several.
>
> Brian Wood
> beww at beww.org

Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer