[mythtv-users] Mobo recommendations

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:03:48 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> OK, I'm throwing in the towel....  My Gigabit mobo has got to go....
>
> I've got a Core2Duo mobo that apparently has some interrupt or bus
> problems.

So....

> Anyone have any recommendations for a mobo that has (ideally) 4 PCI
> slots (3 min), 1 PCIe-16x slot, can handle 4 SATA drives, and actually
> works well with Myth?

I'm using an Intel mobo - the DG965WH -
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965WH/index.htm with my
Core2Duo.  It has 3xPCI, 3xPCI-Expressx1, and 1xPCI-Ex16, can handle 6 SATA
drives (I have 5 connected at the moment) and am running Fedora Core 6 with
Myth - it's a combined Mythbackend / workstation - and so far (I've had it
~6 months) have had no issues with it under Linux/Myth.