[mythtv-users] extra digits

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 19:39:46 UTC 2007

On 06/04/07, Sreeram Kumar <Sreeramkumar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Experts,
>   Greetings. I was able to setup successfuly the
> serial ir tx/rx. Everything is working fine. I have
> one small issue though. When I type a channel for
> example 799, the channel changes to 799 but
> immediately after that myth somehow changes itself to
> channel 9 and forces the dishbox to channel 9. Same is
> the case when I press 802, channel changes to 802
> followed by channel 2. Looks like myth is behaving as
> if it is receiving the last digit once more. Is there
> anyway I can get around with this? This is happening
> quite often.

If this is happening with the serial IR receiver in MythTV, you can
verify this by using irw from the command line. In this instance you
need to check and adjust the repeat values in your lircrc as Paul
states.

If this is happening with the serial IR transmitter (which is
controlling an external cable box via IR) you might want to check/post
your channel change script and check your freqid values in the channel
editor.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: