[mythtv-users] extra digits

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Fri Apr 6 18:04:43 UTC 2007

Paul Harrison wrote:
> Sreeram Kumar wrote:
>
>> Experts,
>>   Greetings. I was able to setup successfuly the
>> serial ir tx/rx. Everything is working fine. I have
>> one small issue though. When I type a channel for
>> example 799, the channel changes to 799 but
>> immediately after that myth somehow changes itself to
>> channel 9 and forces the dishbox to channel 9. Same is
>> the case when I press 802, channel changes to 802
>> followed by channel 2. Looks like myth is behaving as
>> if it is receiving the last digit once more. Is there
>> anyway I can get around with this? This is happening
>> quite often.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Not sure if you have the same problem as I had but you probably need to
> add a 'repeat = x' line to your lircrc file used by myth for each key or
> increase the repeat count if it is already present. Not sure why it's
> only affecting the last key press though but could be something to try.
>
> So if your definition for the number 1 key looks something like this:-
>
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = 1
> config = 1
> end
>
> then you need to change it to this
>
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = 1
> repeat = 3
> config = 1
> end
>
> experiment with different values until the problem goes away. I need a
> value of 3 for reliable operation.

I had a remote (RCA) that came with my DirecTV receivers that had this
problem (although, it seemed to repeat everything, not just the last
digit) despite what I set the repeat values to.  I eventually gave up
(figuring that it was the remote that was the problem) and use another
remote, which worked like a charm right away.

-Rich