[mythtv-users] extra digits

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Apr 6 09:08:30 UTC 2007

Sreeram Kumar wrote:
> Experts,
>   Greetings. I was able to setup successfuly the
> serial ir tx/rx. Everything is working fine. I have
> one small issue though. When I type a channel for
> example 799, the channel changes to 799 but
> immediately after that myth somehow changes itself to
> channel 9 and forces the dishbox to channel 9. Same is
> the case when I press 802, channel changes to 802
> followed by channel 2. Looks like myth is behaving as
> if it is receiving the last digit once more. Is there
> anyway I can get around with this? This is happening
> quite often.
>
> Thanks,

Not sure if you have the same problem as I had but you probably need to
add a 'repeat = x' line to your lircrc file used by myth for each key or
increase the repeat count if it is already present. Not sure why it's
only affecting the last key press though but could be something to try.

So if your definition for the number 1 key looks something like this:-

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 1
config = 1
end

then you need to change it to this

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 1
repeat = 3
config = 1
end

experiment with different values until the problem goes away. I need a
value of 3 for reliable operation.

Paul H.