[mythtv-users] Hard Lock on FE/BE System Going into or Leaving EPG from Live TV

Rizo rizo at rizonet.com
Wed Apr 4 21:41:42 UTC 2007

Has anyone else had a problem with going into or leaving the guide from
LiveTV?  I am having random system lockup problems on my combo FE/BE when
entering or leaving the EPG. It is not consistent and it may work fine for
four or five cycles of going to the EPG and back to LiveTV then hard lock
during the transition.  It always happens during the transition from full
screen LiveTV and the guide with preview.

In my attempt to fix this I have replaced the processor, motherboard, and
video card.  I went from a 2.4Ghz P4 and 845G system to an Athlon 64
3200+/NVidia NForce 4 system.  Both video cards are NVidia 5200s.  I have
also tested the memory for overnight and got no errors.  Software wise, I
have upgraded my kernel to the latest Fedora Core 6 version (2.6.20) and
tried three different versions of the NVidia drivers (9755, 9631, and 8756).
The same problem occurs in 0.20 and 0.21.

I don't have this problem with any other frontend, just on the FE/BE.
Anybody have any ideas of what to look at, I am running out of thing to
try/replace?

Thanks,

Robert