[mythtv-users] Fresh Ubuntu server install - recomended Desktop?

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:12:07 UTC 2007

There's a lot of apps I never used and new nothing about in Kubuntu
I'm assuming that's what your talking about when referring to KDE. It
would be nice to get a stripped down version without all the fluff and
extra menu items, maybe that's the intent of the server install?

I'm looking for something that is gui driven as I come from a windows
environment so it's easier for me to transition over to the CL.

Things like an explorer, network settings and other common tasks are
much quicker for me with a gui so I'd be looking for those things to
be supported.

Openbox seems to fall short on those items so might not be a good fit for me.

AJM,