[mythtv-users] Data Direct "service"

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 3 23:49:06 UTC 2007

    > Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:38:46 -0700
    > From: "Gabe Rubin" <gaberubin at gmail.com>

    > On 4/3/07, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:

    > > More to the point, does getting banned interrupt your ability to
    > > fetch data from your DD login?  I would hope that the two are in
    > > fact completely separate, but now might be a good time to run
    > > mythfilldatabase and find out... :/

    > more to the point, is there any reason to antagonize the directdata
    > service?

I hope that no one here is planning on doing that, and that Bruce, if
he gets himself un-banned or arrives via another account, will read
but will be cautious in what he posts.  But it would also suck if he
discovered a week or so from now that he didn't have any listings
data at all...

[I'm also guessing that the reason these threads are getting locked is
so the DD people can devote their time to tracking down the bug,
rather than answering the same question dozens of times, or trying to
keep order on forums grown unruly.  I'm also guessing that -saying-
that's why they're being locked, as part of locking the thread, might
be (or have been) a good idea, though it's really not my place to judge.]