[mythtv-users] Data Direct "service"

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Apr 7 21:58:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 07:49:06PM -0400, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> [I'm also guessing that the reason these threads are getting locked is
> so the DD people can devote their time to tracking down the bug,
> rather than answering the same question dozens of times, or trying to
> keep order on forums grown unruly.  I'm also guessing that -saying-
> that's why they're being locked, as part of locking the thread, might
> be (or have been) a good idea, though it's really not my place to judge.]

That could be... but you'd have to think that someone who does what
they do would be a *little* bit brighter about interacting with a user
community on a forum.

I've been tech-editing an upcoming book on MythTV, and (now that I've
finally had time to catch up with this topic in toto) I'll be pointing
this thread out to both authors and the production editor; it seems
something that ought to be investigated before a book goes to print.

Cheers,
-- jra