[mythtv-users] Commercial skip & next weeks preview

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Apr 2 19:19:42 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/02/2007 02:30 PM, Jon Boehm wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to tell myth not to skip with in the last ~4 min of a
>> recording.  It keeps skipping to the end or so near the end that by the time
>> I react it jump to the delete menu.  I'm missing the preview for next week.
>> In order to see it I have to play again and skip to near the end.
>>

> In SVN trunk, commercial skips that would take you to the end of the
> recording are ignored (and, if a "manual" skip, an OSD telling you it's
> the end of the recording is displayed).

I don't see that with my SVN trunk install. It will quite happily skip
to the end of the file, missing the 'preview' stuff (in the case of
Survivor) or those short scenes they sometimes show at the end (The
Office and Two and a Half Men come to mind). Is there a setting
somewhere I'm missing?
> I actually do this with SVN trunk because it's annoying to
> have to move my finger from the commskip button to the skip forward
> button when I see the OSD display.

I'm sure you realize how lazy that sounds, right? :)

Tom