[mythtv-users] Commercial skip & next weeks preview

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 2 18:55:38 UTC 2007

On 04/02/2007 02:30 PM, Jon Boehm wrote:
> Is there a way to tell myth not to skip with in the last ~4 min of a
> recording.  It keeps skipping to the end or so near the end that by the time
> I react it jump to the delete menu.  I'm missing the preview for next week.
> In order to see it I have to play again and skip to near the end.

In SVN trunk, commercial skips that would take you to the end of the
recording are ignored (and, if a "manual" skip, an OSD telling you it's
the end of the recording is displayed).

For 0.20, my recommendation is:  if it seems the show is winding
down/wound down/over, don't use commercial skip and just use skip
forward (i.e. the 30-second skip) so you can see the "end parts" you
want to see.  I actually do this with SVN trunk because it's annoying to
have to move my finger from the commskip button to the skip forward
button when I see the OSD display.

Mike