[mythtv-users] Connecting Zap2It data with HDTV channels

David david.fockens at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:47:47 UTC 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 4:38 AM, William Munson wrote:

> David wrote:
>> I have two video sources set up. One is from a channels.conf file I
>> imported and the other is from Zap2It Labs. I'd like to make it so
>> that the schedule information for the channels from the Zap2It Labs
>> is connected with the channels from  the channels.conf video source.
>> I've made the XML IDs of the corresponding channels from each video
>> source the same, but no schedule information shows up for the
>> channels from the channels.conf video source. I've restarted the
>> backend and run mythfilldatabase. Anyone have any ideas for how I can
>> get this working? Thanks.
>>
> I have done pretty much what you are trying to do although in my
> case I
> did not have a channels.conf handy and had to create the listing
> manually. Here are my steps.
>
> 1. Create a zap2it listing for the lineup in question. You will
> need to
> use a separate one from any other listing you use as mythfilldatabase
> will remove any channels that do not have a match in your setup.
>
> 2. Note the exact name (callsign), channel number and xmlid for
> each of
> your channels.  Edit the callsign, number and xmlid for each of your
> channels to match the info in the zap2it listing. Personally, I find
> that phpmyadmin is a great tool for setting up the channels table.
>
> 3. Once you have the channels edited, go back into mythtv-setup and
> assign the zap2it lineup to your input. Exit setup and run
> "mythfilldatabase --refresh-all". Once thats done, run the icon
> grabber
> and add icons to your listing and you are done.
>
> Now if I could just figure out how to have both qam_256 and qam_64
> channels in my listing. :(
>
> William

Thank you very much for the help. The guide data is now linked up
properly. However, MythTV isn't letting me schedule recordings. When
I set up a new recording through Manage Recordings --> Recording
Schedule, it says the schedule won't be affected when I tell it to
preview schedule changes and when I exit the record dialogue it's as
though I never scheduled anything.