[mythtv-users] Connecting Zap2It data with HDTV channels

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 2 11:38:00 UTC 2007

David wrote:
> I have two video sources set up. One is from a channels.conf file I
> imported and the other is from Zap2It Labs. I'd like to make it so
> that the schedule information for the channels from the Zap2It Labs
> is connected with the channels from  the channels.conf video source.
> I've made the XML IDs of the corresponding channels from each video
> source the same, but no schedule information shows up for the
> channels from the channels.conf video source. I've restarted the
> backend and run mythfilldatabase. Anyone have any ideas for how I can
> get this working? Thanks.

I have done pretty much what you are trying to do although in my case I
did not have a channels.conf handy and had to create the listing
manually. Here are my steps.

1. Create a zap2it listing for the lineup in question. You will need to
use a separate one from any other listing you use as mythfilldatabase
will remove any channels that do not have a match in your setup.

2. Note the exact name (callsign), channel number and xmlid for each of
your channels.  Edit the callsign, number and xmlid for each of your
channels to match the info in the zap2it listing. Personally, I find
that phpmyadmin is a great tool for setting up the channels table.

3. Once you have the channels edited, go back into mythtv-setup and
assign the zap2it lineup to your input. Exit setup and run
"mythfilldatabase --refresh-all". Once thats done, run the icon grabber
and add icons to your listing and you are done.

Now if I could just figure out how to have both qam_256 and qam_64
channels in my listing. :(

William