[mythtv-users] Connecting Zap2It data with HDTV channels

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 2 13:29:12 UTC 2007

David wrote:
> Thank you very much for the help. The guide data is now linked up
> properly. However, MythTV isn't letting me schedule recordings. When
> I set up a new recording through Manage Recordings --> Recording
> Schedule, it says the schedule won't be affected when I tell it to
> preview schedule changes and when I exit the record dialogue it's as
> though I never scheduled anything.

> http://www.eset.com

Are the HD channels using the same channel numbers as your SD channels?
If its the same, your input priorities maybe forcing myth to use the SD
input. I set the priority of my HD channels higher than the SD. That way
anything that can be recorded in HD will be and everything else gets SD.

In my case I have different numbers assigned to the channels. My cable
provider uses different channel numbers for the SD and HD versions of a
channel so thats how I configured my system. Again, the HD channels are
a higher priority so I normally use the "record from any channel" and
"new episodes only" options when creating a recording schedule. Which
gives me HD when available.

Also check with the channel editor in mythtv-setup to make sure your
channels are visible and set up the way you expect.