[mythtv-users] TV out for unlisted card?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 18:53:38 UTC 2007

On 31/03/07, Angus <sylvania at istop.com> wrote:

>     But I should have been clearer about what I was requesting help
> with, which is country-independent. I'm looking for an *alternative* to
> the FX5200. It seems awfully overpowered for what I need, so if I can
> get something just as compatible for less, great.

You *may* be able to get away with a PCI/AGP-based NVIDIA MX440 type
(or later MX4000) card that has TV-Out. I'm not current on the level
of TV-out support in the open source NVIDIA driver, so you may need to
ensure you get a video card supported by the NVIDIA binary driver.

However, as Rod says, be aware that using a slow CPU with a
non-hardware capture card that will produce non-XvMC acceleratable
video, and a slow video card without driver support or for MPEG2
acceleration, is not the best situation.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/