[mythtv-users] Xorg running on 99% CPU

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 18:13:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

I recently changed my MythTV setup from using a TV out to a regular
monitor running at 1680x1050 over DVI.  I have an NVidia FX5200.  When
I run mythfrontend, it gets stuck on "Pre-scaling theme images" and
Xorg starts eating up all the CPU.  This is not 100% reproducible but
happens most of the time.  Yesterday, I was able to get it up and
running by turning off NvAGP, but I'm still getting the problem.  If I
log into X, I am able to work fine, but as soon as mythfrontend
starts, X goes wonky.

I'm running MythTV 0.20+fixes on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.  Anyone had this
problem before?

Thanks.