[mythtv-users] Neebie Help Please!! Mandriva 2006 mysqld and mysql neither working

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 22:22:43 UTC 2006

Matt,

I too am running Mandriva LE2006 with myth.  Are you familiar with the
urpmi command?  If not, go to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ and set up your
sources.

As for mysql, here is what I have installed on my system:

I got this by typing: rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
perl-DBD-mysql-3.0002-1mdk
php-mysql-5.0.4-1mdk
MySQL-4.1.12-4.8.20060mdk
libqt3-mysql-3.3.4-23mdk
mysql-administrator-1.0.22a-1mdk
MySQL-common-4.1.12-4.8.20060mdk
libmysql14-4.1.12-4.8.20060mdk
MySQL-python-1.2.0-1mdk
MySQL-client-4.1.12-4.8.20060mdk

If you install this using urpmi, I believe it automatically activates
the service.  You can check by typing: chkconfig mysqld list .

Here is the output on my system for that command...
mysqld          0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Also, check for the existance of /etc/sysconfig/mysqld

If I can be of any more help, let me know...

Rick