[mythtv-users] New version MythStream - awesome, but...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 8 00:41:22 UTC 2006

On 09/07/2006 04:44 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:

>I've just loaded up the new MythStream plugin onto my SVN build, since the
>UI interfaces meant the old one was dying, and I find it a great
>improvement apart from the volume control.
>
>This is something which may be just my perception but the granularity of
>the control seems much coarser than in the rest of Myth - at low volumes
>it either seems to be just a bit too loud or off!
>
>Anyone experienced the same - if so I'll invest some time in looking at it.

Do you really mean MythStream or did you mean to say MythStreamTV?

MythStream (the streaming Internet media player) just uses MPlayer for
playback.  So, if anything changed the granularity of volume control,
it's MPlayer.

As far as MythStreamTV (the stream your recordings to the Internet
plugin) goes, I'm clueless as I don't use it.

Mike