[mythtv-users] Dual USB stick problems

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Wed Sep 6 18:14:22 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 13:54, Alan Chandler wrote:
> However, if I plug the second tuner into a free usb port whilst the first
> tuner is running tzap, this first tuner starts loosing sync. ...
> Given the nature of the problem and with pure speculation, I suspect that
> my processor is struggling with responding to some usb interrupts fast
> enough - given that the CPU loading with the tuner installed still hardly
> gets above a few percent, making it unlikely that it is some general lack
> of processor power.

I increasingly feel that is unlikely.

I have just tried to connect one device via a usb 1.0 powered hub plugged into
the usb2.0 card (with the other remaining connected to directly to the usb
2.0 card).  It is almost working.  So I suspect its a power supply problem.

I think it justified in buying a usb 2.0 powered hub just to try.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk