[mythtv-users] Database filled up first partition

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 1 23:47:34 UTC 2006

On 09/01/06 19:38, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:

>  Just thought i would post i found the file. /var/log/mysql/mysql.log
>  was 3 gigs. Ok so how do i stop this. The log-bin was already
>  commented out. I just don't want this to happen again. I tried
>  opening this in nano, but as u might guess at 3 gigs it wouldn't open
>  even after leaving it for 20 minutes. So i just deleted it. I'm
>  back in and can watch tv shows again, but want it to stop logging.
>  Any help. And thanks for all the help. Thanks for all ur help, it
>  pointed me in the right direction to get rid of that huge file.

That's MySQL loggging.  It's not Myth logging.  You're probably starting
mysql with:

mysqld --log=/var/log/mysql/mysql.log

See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/log-files.html and all it's
subsections--specifically, 5.12.2 "The General Query Log" (
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/log-files.html ).

Mike