[mythtv-users] mythweb setup

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Fri Sep 1 23:43:41 UTC 2006

I am using .19 compiles from source.

I have copied myhtweb stuff from plusins

root at pilger:~/mythplugins/mythweb# cp -r . /var/www/mythweb -r

root at pilger:~/mythplugins/mythweb# ls  /var/www/mythweb

data      js       modules      mythweb.pl  skins
includes  LICENSE  mythweb.php  README      TODO

My apache2.conf has the following at end:

# Added BRE 20/4/2006

LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so

<Directory "/var/www/mythweb">
         Options all
         AllowOverride All
         AuthType
Database Access Denied
You are most likely receiving this message because you
have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.

Please see .htaccess for instructions.

Basic
         AuthName "MyMythTvRealm"
         AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/mypasswdfile
         Require user ben
</Directory>

When I go to mythweb (http://192.168.0.95/mythweb/mythweb.php) after
logging on I get:

Database Access Denied
You are most likely receiving this message because you
have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.

Please see .htaccess for instructions.

Have looked at mythtv.org setup docs to no avail, it was working fine
in .18, which I installed from ubuntu breezy packages.

Any ideas?

Ben